Have you ever experienced the frustration of your Blink camera not connecting to wifi? You are not alone.
Many Blink users have reported this issue and wondered why their camera suddenly stopped working or failed to connect to wifi in the first place.
In this article, we will explain the possible causes of this problem and how to fix it in simple steps. By the end of this article, you will be able to connect your Blink camera to Wifi without any issues.
If you have a Eufy Camera that is Not Connecting to Wifi, then read this guide.
Why is My Blink Camera Not Connecting to Wifi?
Your Blink camera fails to connect to wifi because of weak signal strength. Other possible reasons include entering the wrong wifi password during the camera’s activation process, using an outdated version of the Blink app, and linking the camera to a Sync Module that isn’t correctly connected.
Weak signal strength can affect the performance and reliability of your Blink camera. If the wifi signal is too weak or unstable, your camera may not be able to send or receive data from the Blink servers or your mobile device. This can result in offline status, delayed notifications, poor video quality, or no response to commands.
Entering the wrong wifi password can prevent your Blink camera from connecting to your wifi network. This can happen if you mistype the password, use the wrong case, or forget to update the password after changing it on your router.
Using an outdated version of the Blink app can cause compatibility issues with your Blink camera. The Blink app is constantly updated to improve the functionality and security of your camera. If you don’t update the app regularly, you may miss out on important features or bug fixes that can affect your camera’s connection.
Linking the camera to a Sync Module that isn’t correctly connected can also cause wifi issues. The Sync Module is the hub between the Blink app, Blink servers, and your camera. Without an internet connection, this data exchange is not possible. The Sync Module needs to be connected to the same wifi network as your camera and within range of both the router and the camera.
How to Fix Blink Camera Not Connecting to Wifi?
If your Blink camera is not connecting to wifi, don’t panic. There are some simple troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the issue. Here are some of the most effective solutions:
Use the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi frequency band.
Blink cameras only work with the 2.4GHz wifi frequency band, not the 5GHz band. The 2.4GHz band has a longer range and can penetrate walls better than the 5GHz band, which is ideal for wireless cameras. However, the 2.4GHz band can also be more crowded and prone to interference from other devices.
To ensure that your Blink camera is connected to the 2.4GHz band, check your router settings and make sure that the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have different names (SSIDs) and passwords. Then, connect your Blink camera and Sync Module to the 2.4GHz band only. You can also use a wifi analyzer app to check the signal strength and channel of your wifi network and avoid any interference.
Check Your Wi-Fi Network
Another simple step to fix your Blink camera not connecting to wifi is to check your wifi network and make sure that it is working properly. You can do this by using another device, such as your phone or laptop, and see if you can connect to the wifi and access the internet. If you can’t, then the problem is with your wifi network, not your Blink camera.
Some possible causes of wifi network issues are:
- Your router is too far away from your camera or Sync Module.
- Your router is outdated or malfunctioning.
- Your router’s firmware needs to be updated.
- Your router’s settings are incorrect or incompatible with your camera.
- Your internet service provider (ISP) is having an outage or a slow speed.
To fix these issues, you can try the following solutions:
- Move your router closer to your camera or Sync Module, or vice versa.
- Replace your router with a newer or more powerful model.
- Update your router’s firmware to the latest version.
- Check your router’s settings and make sure that they match the requirements of your camera. For example, enable DHCP, disable MAC filtering, and use WPA2 encryption.
- Contact your ISP and report any problems or request a speed test.
If you have a Wyze Camera and want to change to wifi, then read this guide.
Move The Camera Closer to Your Router
If your wifi network is working fine, but your Blink camera is still not connecting to wifi, it may be because your camera is too far away from your router or Sync Module. The distance and the number of obstacles between your camera and your router can affect the wifi signal strength and quality.
To fix this, you can try moving your camera closer to your router or Sync Module, or use a wifi extender or repeater to boost the signal. You can also use the signal strength indicator in the Blink app to check the wifi connection of your camera and Sync Module. The indicator shows a green, yellow, or red dot, depending on the signal strength. Green means good, yellow means fair, and red means poor. You want to aim for a green or yellow dot for optimal performance.
Disable VPN, Router Firewall, and Ad guard
Some security features on your device or router can interfere with your Blink camera’s connection to wifi. These features include VPN, router firewall, and ad guard.
VPN can change your IP address and location, which can cause compatibility issues with your camera. A router firewall can block some ports or protocols that your camera needs to communicate with the Blink servers.
Ad guard can prevent some ads or pop-ups from appearing on your device, but it can also block some legitimate requests from your camera.
To fix this, you can try disabling these features temporarily and see if your camera connects to wifi. If it does, then you can either keep them disabled or adjust their settings to allow your camera to connect. You can also contact the support team of these features and ask for assistance.
Power Cycle the camera and Sync Module
Sometimes, a simple power cycle can fix your Blink camera not connecting to wifi. A power cycle is when you turn off and on your device to reset its settings and clear any errors.
To power cycle your camera and Sync Module, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power adapter of your camera and Sync Module from the wall outlet.
- Remove the batteries from your camera and Sync Module.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Reinsert the batteries and plug in the power adapter.
- Wait for the devices to reboot and reconnect to wifi.
Reset The Camera and Reconnect
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reset your camera and reconnect it to wifi. This will erase all the previous settings and data on your camera and Sync Module and allow you to start fresh.
To reset your camera and Sync Module, follow these steps:
- Open the Blink app and tap on the Settings icon on the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the Manage Account option and then tap on Delete Sync Module.
- Confirm your action and wait for the Sync Module to be deleted from your account.
- Press and hold the reset button on the back of your Sync Module for 10 seconds until the LED light turns green.
- Follow the instructions on the app to add a new Sync Module and connect it to wifi.
- Tap on the Add a Blink Device option and select your camera model.
- Follow the instructions on the app to scan the QR code on the back of your camera and connect it to wifi.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about Blink camera not connecting to wifi:
Q: How do I update the Blink app?
A: To update the Blink app, go to the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device and search for the Blink app. Tap on the Update button and wait for the app to download and install the latest version.
Q: How do I contact Blink customer support?
A: To contact Blink customer support, you can visit their website and submit a request form, call their phone number, or chat with them online. You can also check their help center and community forum for more information and tips.
Q: How do I use the RouteThis app to troubleshoot my wifi issues?
A: The RouteThis app is a recommended troubleshooting app by Blink that can help you diagnose and fix your wifi issues. To use the RouteThis app, follow these steps:
- Download the RouteThis app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- Open the app and tap on the Start button.
- Enter the code BLINK in the app and tap on the Next button.
- Follow the instructions on the app to scan your wifi network and generate a report.
- Share the report with Blink customer support for further assistance.
Blink camera not connecting to wifi can be a frustrating issue, but it can be fixed with some simple troubleshooting steps. In this article, we have explained the possible causes and solutions of this problem and answered some FAQs.
We hope that this article has helped you fix your Blink camera not connecting to wifi and enjoy your security system. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below. Thank you for reading.