Imagine you are away from home and you want to check on your beloved pet, or you are at work and you want to monitor your office security, or you are on vacation and you want to see what’s happening in your backyard. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could view your Tapo camera on your PC, instead of squinting at your smartphone screen?
Tapo cameras are smart devices that allow you to monitor your home or office remotely. They are compatible with the Tapo app on your smartphone, but what if you want to stream them on your PC?
In this blog post, we will show you how to view Tapo camera on PC using different methods. Whether you want to view live streams, or remote streams, or use the Tapo app features, you can do it all on your PC with these methods.
Also Read – Have Blink Camera installed and want to watch it on PC? Read this guide.
But before we dive into the methods, you need to make some preparations. You need to make sure your Tapo camera and PC are connected to the same network, set up port forwarding on your router to allow remote access to your camera and create a username and password in the Tapo app for your camera. Don’t worry, we will explain how to do these steps in detail in the next section.
Ready to view the Tapo camera on PC? Let’s get started!
Prerequisites to Stream Tapo on PC
Before you can view Tapo camera on PC, you need to do some preparations. These steps are essential to ensure that your camera is accessible from your PC and that you have the necessary credentials and software to view the camera stream. In this section, we will guide you through these steps in detail. You will need to:
- Make sure your Tapo camera and PC are connected to the same network.
- Set up port forwarding on your router to allow remote access to your camera. You need to configure port 554 for the camera’s RTSP stream.
- Create a username and password in the Tapo app for your camera. This will enable you to access the camera’s RTSP stream.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be ready to view Tapo camera on PC using different methods. We will explain each method in the following sections.
Methods to View Tapo Camera on PC
Now that you have done all the necessary preparations, its time we jump to the methods to watch/stream the Tapo camera live feed on PC.
You can view tapo camera on a PC using 3 methods. You can use Anycam, iSpy, or an Android Emulator to access any Tapo Camera (Tapo C100, Tapo C200, Tapo C210, Tapo C310) on your Laptop or Desktop.
Now lets look at all these methods one by one.
Method 1: Using AnyCam for Live Stream
One of the easiest ways to view Tapo camera on PC is to use AnyCam, a free application that supports various IP cameras.
With AnyCam, you can view live streams from multiple cameras on your PC screen. You don’t need to install any additional software or plugins, as AnyCam uses the RTSP protocol to connect to your camera.
Here are the steps to use AnyCam for Tapo camera:
- Download and install AnyCam from its official website.
- Launch AnyCam and click on the Add IP Camera button.
- Enter the RTSP URL of your Tapo camera in the following format:
passwordwith the credentials you created in the Tapo app, and
camera_ipwith the IP address of your camera. You can find the IP address of your camera in the Tapo app, under camera settings, and device info.
- Click on the Test button to check if the connection is successful. If it is, click on the Add button to add the camera to AnyCam.
- You can now view the live stream from your Tapo camera on your PC. You can also adjust the video quality, resolution, and frame rate in AnyCam settings.
Method 2: Using iSpy for Remote Viewing
Another way to view Tapo camera on PC is to use iSpy, a free and open-source application that allows you to monitor and record multiple cameras. With iSpy, you can view your Tapo camera remotely from any device, as well as set up motion detection, alerts, and recording options. iSpy requires VLC to play the RTSP stream from your camera, so you need to install both applications on your PC.
Here are the steps to use iSpy for Tapo camera:
- Download and install iSpy and VLC from their official websites: https://www.ispyconnect.com/ and https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
- Launch iSpy and click on the Add button, then select IP Camera with Wizard.
- Enter the RTSP URL of your Tapo camera in the same format as in Method 1:
- Click on the Next button and select VLC as the video source. Make sure you have VLC installed on your PC.
- Click on the Next button and adjust the video settings as you wish. You can also enable audio, motion detection, alerts, and recording options in iSpy settings.
- Click on the Finish button to add the camera to iSpy.
- You can now view the remote stream from your Tapo camera on your PC. You can also access your camera from any device by using the iSpy web interface or mobile app.
Method 3: Using Android Emulator
A third way to access the Tapo camera on a PC is to use an Android emulator, software that mimics the Android operating system on your PC.
With an Android emulator, you can run the Tapo app on your PC and view your camera as if you were using your smartphone. This method is useful if you want to use the Tapo app features such as live view, playback, snapshot, and settings. However, this method may require more resources and storage space on your PC, as you need to install an emulator and the Tapo app.
Here are the steps to use an Android emulator for Tapo camera:
- Download and install an Android emulator of your choice on your PC. Some popular options are BlueStacks, NoxPlayer, and LDPlayer. You can find them on their official websites: https://www.bluestacks.com/, https://www.bignox.com/, and https://www.ldplayer.net/
- Launch the Android emulator and sign in with your Google account. This will allow you to access the Google Play Store and download apps.
- Search for the Tapo app in the Google Play Store and install it on the emulator.
- Launch the Tapo app and log in with your Tapo account. You can also scan the QR code of your camera to add it to the app.
- You can now view your Tapo camera on your PC using the emulator. You can also use the Tapo app features such as live view, playback, snapshot, and settings.
In conclusion, viewing tapo camera on pc is not only possible, but also easy and convenient. You can choose from different methods, such as using RTSP stream, ONVIF software, Android emulator, or smart displays. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you can pick the one that suits your needs and preferences.
Watching tapo camera on pc allows you to monitor your home or office from anywhere, anytime, and enjoy the high-quality video and audio of the tapo camera.
We hope this article has helped you learn how to view tapo camera on PC and inspired you to try it out. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment below. Thank you for reading and happy viewing!