Instagram has a larger user base, which makes the platform a perfect place for businesses to grow. Even to help businesses, Instagram offers several business-centric features that anyone can enable easily. But what if you don’t need business-centric features and decide to switch it off? You might want to know how to turn off Business account on Instagram?
If you do, then here is a complete step-by-step guide on it:
Reasons to Consider Turning Off the Instagram Business Account
- Change in Preferences: Over time, priorities shift. You might have started with a vision of building a brand or promoting a product, but now you yearn for a more personal touch to your Instagram presence. A personal account offers a more casual interaction with followers without the pressures of maintaining a brand image.
- Having Another Business Account: It’s not uncommon for brands or influencers to have multiple accounts catering to different audiences or regions. If you’ve decided to consolidate your efforts or focus on another account, switching an existing business profile back to personal might be a logical step.
- Analytics Overload: While data-driven insights are invaluable for businesses, not everyone is equipped to decipher and utilize them. If you find yourself overwhelmed by the plethora of analytics or feel they don’t add value to your current strategy, it might be time to simplify.
- Trial-and-Error: Curiosity is a powerful motivator. Perhaps you upgraded to a business account to explore its features, out of sheer curiosity. Now, having seen what it offers and realizing it doesn’t align with your needs, reverting might be the best course of action.
Things to Consider Before Making the Switch
Before you turn off Business account on Instagram, here are a few things you might want to know:
- Loss of Access to Analytics and Insights: One of the standout features of a business account is the access to detailed analytics. Switching to a personal account means you’ll lose these insights permanently, which might be crucial if you decide to revert in the future.
- Limited Promotion Capabilities: A significant advantage of business profiles is the ability to promote content, reaching beyond your existing follower base. Personal accounts lack this feature, limiting your content’s reach to your current followers.
- Limited Contact Options: While personal accounts require some personal information, they don’t offer the same public visibility as business accounts. If you’ve been using your Instagram as a primary point of contact, you might find this change impactful.
How to Turn off Business Account on Instagram?
Step 1: Start by opening the Instagram mobile app. Once logged in, head to your profile by tapping on your profile icon, usually located at the bottom right of the screen. Here, you’ll see an options icon (often represented by three vertical dots or a gear icon) in the top right corner. Tap on it.
Step 2: A menu will slide up from the bottom of the screen. Among the various options, you’ll find “Settings” – usually represented with a gear icon. Tap on it to enter the settings menu.
Step 3: Within the settings, you’ll find various categories. Look for the “Account” option and tap on it. As you scroll through the account settings, you’ll find an option labeled “Switch account type.”
Step 4:Upon tapping “Switch account type,” you’ll be presented with two choices: switching to a Creator account or a Personal account. For the purpose of this guide, tap on “Switch to personal account.” A prompt will appear, detailing the changes that will occur upon switching. It’s essential to read through this to understand the implications fully. Once you’re ready, tap on the confirmation, usually highlighted in red, to finalize the switch.
So that was a quick answer to your question about how to turn off Business account on Instagram. In case you want to reactivate your Business account on Instagram, you can easily do so by going to Edit profile and then clicking on Switch to professional account.