Blink cameras are wireless security cameras that let you monitor your home from anywhere using your smartphone. But what if you want to watch your Blink camera on your PC instead? Maybe you prefer a bigger screen, or you want to multitask while keeping an eye on your property.
Whatever the reason, there are a few ways to view Blink Camera on a PC(Windows or Mac), and in this article, we will show you how you can access Blink Camera feed on your computer.
You can watch Blink Camera on PC by downloading the Blink Home Monitor app on PC using an Android Emulator and signing in. Alternatively, you can also cast your phone screen to view the blink camera feed on Windows 11, 10, or Mac PC.
In this article, we will show you different methods step by step using which you can Access Blink camera on PC.
How to View Blink Camera on PC?
There are multiple methods using which you can view your camera feed on your PC or Laptop that has a larger screen. In this article, we will discuss 3 methods that are popularly used to check Blink Camera feed on a computer.
In case you have a Eufy Camera installed, you can watch Eufy on PC as well.
Those 3 methods are –
- Using an Android Emulator to watch the blink camera on a PC.
- Cast SmartPhone Screen on a PC.
- Upload Blink Camera and Doorbell Recorded Videos to view it on PC.
Method 1: Use an Android Emulator to View Blink Camera on Computer
Using an Android Emulator to access Blink camera on your Computer is the best way to watch the Blink camera on your computer. This does not require any additional device.
All you have to do is download an Android emulator on your Windows or Mac Computer.
There are multiple Android Emulators you can use to download Blink Home for PC to watch the blink camera feed on your PC. However, the 2 most used Android emulators are Bluestacks and Nox.
To use an Android emulator to watch Blink Camera on your computer, follow these steps:
- Download and install an Android emulator of your choice on your PC.
- Launch the emulator and sign in with your Google account.
- Open the Google Play Store app and search for the Blink Home Monitor app.
- Install and open the app, and log in with your Blink account credentials.
- View live or recorded videos from your cameras on your computer screen, just like you would on your smartphone.
- To access other features of the Blink Home Monitor app, such as two-way audio, snapshots, and alerts, tap on the icons at the bottom of the screen.
Using an Android emulator to watch the Blink camera on your computer has some advantages over using the Blink Desktop App. For example, you can use it to set up new cameras using sync modules or create or edit activity zones.
You can also use other features of the Blink Home Monitor app, such as two-way audio, snapshots, and alerts.
However, using an Android emulator also has some drawbacks. For instance, it may consume more resources and slow down your computer, especially if you run multiple apps at once. It may also have compatibility issues with some apps or games.
Method 2: Cast the Phone Screen on PC to watch Blink Camera on Computer
If you want to view Blink Camera on a computer, screencasting is the most effortless way to do that. All you have to do is go to settings, cast your screen, select the screen where you want to cast, and then open the camera feed to watch on the big screen.
The only drawback of this method is that you will always have to keep an extra phone or tablet that will cast a screen.
Here is how you can cast screen from an Android Device:
- Open settings and open the cast setting.
- Now open the menu by tapping on the 3 dots and select “Enable Wireless Display”.
- Now find your computer name and tap on it.
- You can now see your Android screen on your computer.
- Now open the Blink Home app to view it on your PC.
- Keep the phone aside and watch the blink camera on PC.
Here is how to cast from an iOS device:
- Open the control panel by dragging from the top right of the screen.
- Tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Find your Windows or Mac PC and tap on it.
- Now you can see the iOS screen on your PC.
- Open the Blink Camera App and start watching it on the Computer.
Method 3: Transfer the Recorded Videos from the SD card to your PC.
The last method to be able to watch blink camera or doorbell footage on a PC is to transfer the videos to your computer and then watch them.
This method only lets you watch the videos on the SD card. You cannot see live footage or control your camera from a distance.
Follow these steps to transfer the videos:
- Remove the SD card from the camera.
- Insert it into a micro SD card reader.
- Connect the micro SD card reader to your computer.
- Open and view the files with a media player.
Conclusion | How to Watch Blink Camera on PC?
In this article, we have shown you 3 ways to watch the Blink camera on your computer: using an Android emulator, casting the phone screen, and transferring the videos to a PC.
Each method to view Blink on PC has its pros and cons, and you can choose the one that suits your needs and preferences. However, we advise you to be careful when using any of these methods, as they may have some potential issues or dangers.
We hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!