Instagram is one of the most used social media platforms out there. Thanks to its large user base, the platform has made a lot of acronyms and slang that Insta users often use. Some such acronyms are IMK, FYP, TMB, or CFS. However, in this article, I am going to discuss What does CFS mean on Instagram?
So here we go:
What Does CFS Mean on Instagram?
CFS on Instagram stands for “Close Friends Story.” It’s a feature that was rolled out in 2018, much to the excitement of users looking for more control over their privacy on the platform. The concept is simple yet profound: it allows you to create a subset of followers, deemed your ‘Close Friends,’ who are the only ones privy to the Stories you share under this label.
This feature is a response to the common dilemma of wanting to share moments that are not for the eyes of every follower. Whether it’s a personal life event, an inside joke, or simply a day-to-day occurrence that feels more intimate, CFS gives you the power to share these selectively.
The utility of CFS goes beyond just privacy; it’s about creating a space on Instagram that feels more personal, more genuine, and more controlled. It’s for those moments when you wish to share a piece of your day without broadcasting it to everyone.
With CFS, Instagram acknowledges that while social media is about being open and connected, there are layers to this openness, and some layers are reserved for those we hold closest.
How to Create and Use CFS on Instagram?
Creating and utilizing the Close Friends Story (CFS) feature on Instagram is a straightforward process designed for user-friendliness. Here’s how you can start your CFS journey:
Creating a Close Friends List:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to your profile by tapping the icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Tap on the menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right-hand corner of your profile.
- Select the “Close Friends” option. Here, you’ll see a list of suggested friends and your current followers.
- You can now manually select the individuals you want to add to your Close Friends list. Instagram also suggests users based on your interaction frequency, making the process easier.
Posting to Your Close Friends Story:
- Once your list is set up, you can begin posting to your CFS. Start by tapping the camera icon or swiping right from your home screen to open the Stories camera.
- Create your Story by taking a photo, recording a video, or choosing from your gallery.
- After creating your Story, you’ll see the option to share with “Your Story” or “Close Friends.” Tap the green “Close Friends” button to share exclusively with the people on your list.
- Once posted, your Story will appear with a green ring to indicate it’s a Close Friends Story, visible only to the selected audience.
So that was the meaning of CFS on Instagram. CFS stands for Close Friends Story and you might want to use the term next time you interact with others on the platform. Also, stay tuned to get updated with other popular Instagram acronyms.