If you have security cameras, you can watch your property from anywhere and feel more secure about your home and family. Cloud security cameras like Blink, need a fast internet speed to show you clear and smooth live video without any delays.
Starlink is a satellite internet service that offers fast and low-delay internet, especially for people who live in places where other internet services are not good or available.
Since more and more people have started using Starlink, the question that arises is Will Blink cameras work with Starlink? Well, the short answer is yes. Blink Cameras will work with Starlink.
But normally, satellite internet is not the best choice for Blink cameras and other home security systems, because it has a high delay time. But Starlink is different because it has a low delay time. So your Blink cameras should work fine with Starlink if the internet is stable.
Some Reddit user who uses Starlink said that they also use Blink cameras with it, and they don’t have any problems.
To make sure your Blink security cameras work well, you need to connect them to a WiFi network that is not from a cell phone, that uses 2.4 GHz frequency, and that has at least 2 Mbit/sec of upload speed. Sometimes, slow internet speed leads to different problems like Blink Not Detecting Motion, Blink Camera Keeps Buffering, etc.
This article will tell you more about Blink cameras and how to make them work better and longer.
Connecting Blink Camera Using Starlink
Now it is not advised to use a satellite network for your security cameras be it Blink or anything. However, if you can get a review from someone in your locality if the network connection is stable in your area or not after that you can go ahead.
To connect Blink Cameras using StarLink, follow these steps:
- Order a Starlink router if you do not have it already. Order the one that has a 2.4 GHz band.
- Now set up the Starlink wifi.
- After that, reset your blink sync module and enter the new Starlink wifi details.
- Voila! You have connected your Blink Camera using Starlink Wifi.
Blink Camera General Requirements
Blink cameras are smart security devices that let you monitor your home remotely. They use WiFi to work, so they need to be connected to a good WiFi network to send the video to your phone or cloud storage.
If you want to use Blink to make your home more secure, you need to make sure your WiFi meets some requirements when you set up the cameras. Otherwise, they might not work well.
These are the WiFi requirements for Blink cameras:
- A 2.4 GHz WiFi network that is not from a cell phone – Blink cameras and other Blink smart products only work with a 2.4 GHz (802.11 b/g/n) WiFi signal. They don’t work with 5 GHz networks. So, if your router has a 5 GHz band, you need to change it to 2.4 GHz before you connect your Blink camera.
- An upload speed of at least 2 Mbit/sec – Blink cameras record HD videos, so your internet upload speed needs to be fast enough to support them. The faster your internet is, the better the video quality and the quicker the video goes to the cloud storage. Also, if you have more than one Blink camera, you need a faster internet connection for them to work smoothly.
- A strong WiFi signal – Your Blink camera(s) need to get a good signal (at least three bars) to work properly. If your camera is having trouble connecting, you can try moving it closer to the router. That might fix the problem.
- A WiFi network that doesn’t need a third-party login website – Blink cameras can’t connect to the internet on networks that ask you to log in through another website.
Also, you should know that using WiFi devices, cellular hotspots, and satellite internet to connect your Blink cameras is not a good idea, because they have a high delay time. But if your connection is reliable, your cameras should work fine.
Also Read – Do Blink Cameras Work With Apple HomeKit?
Conclusion | Can you use Blink Cameras using Starlink?
Blink Cameras are one of the most reliable security cameras to feel more secure. If you are wondering whether you can use Blink Cameras using a StartLink internet connection then you should go for it if the Starlink network is stable in your internet.
Many users have reported that they are using Blink Camera using Starlink. I hope that I was able to answer your queries.