Wyze cameras are smart devices that allow you to monitor your home remotely. However, sometimes Wyze Camera may go offline due to various reasons, such as network issues, power outages, or firmware updates. This can be frustrating and inconvenient, especially if you rely on your Wyze cameras for security purposes.
In this article, we will explain why your Wyze camera keeps going offline and how to fix it quickly. We will also answer some frequently asked questions about Wyze cameras and their offline status.
Check – Does Wyze Work With Homekit?
Why Does Wyze Cam Keep Going Offline?
There are several possible causes for your Wyze camera to go offline. Some of the most common ones are:
- Network Issues: Your Wyze camera may go offline if there is a problem with your network. For example, your router may be malfunctioning, your internet service provider may be experiencing an outage, or your Wi-Fi signal may be weak or unstable. This can affect your Wyze camera’s communication with your network or with the Wyze server.
- Power Outages: Your Wyze camera may go offline if there is a power outage in your area or your home. This can disrupt the power supply to your Wyze camera or your router. This can also cause your Wyze camera to lose its settings and data.
- Firmware Updates: Your Wyze camera may go offline if there is a firmware update available for your Wyze camera or your Wyze app.
Firmware is the software that runs on your Wyze camera or on your smartphone or tablet. Updating the firmware can fix bugs, improve performance, and add new features. However, sometimes the update process may fail or cause compatibility issues.
- Network Settings: Your Wyze camera may go offline if there is a mismatch or a change in your network settings. For example, your Wyze camera may not support certain encryption protocols, security modes, or IP addresses.
This can prevent your Wyze camera from connecting to your network or to the Wyze server.
Steps to Fix Wyze Camera Offline
If your Wyze camera keeps going offline, you can try these steps to get it back online:
Reboot Your Network Router
Rebooting the network router helps eliminate many errors. This will help you resolve any network issues that may affect your Wyze camera’s connection and also the Wyze camera going offline again and again issue.
To do this, follow these sub-steps:
- Unplug your router from the power source.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- Wait for a few minutes until the router reboots and reconnects to the internet.
Power Cycle the Wyze Devices
Power cycling means restarting your wyze camera. If the above step didn’t help, the power cycling wyze camera may help with the offline issue.
This will help you reboot your Wyze devices and restore their connection. To do this, follow these sub-steps:
- Unplug your Wyze camera from the power source.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- Wait for a few minutes until the Wyze camera reboots and reconnects to the network.
Also Read – If your blink camera keeps going offline, here is how to power cycle your blink camera to fix the issue.
Check Your Wyze App and Device Firmware
Non-updated firmware may cause your Wyze camera to go offline. In that case, you need to update the firmware.
This will help you ensure that your Wyze app and device firmware are up-to-date and compatible with each other. To do this, follow these sub-steps:
- Open the Wyze app on your device and tap on the Account icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Firmware Upgrade.
- You will see a list of your Wyze devices and their firmware versions. If there is an available update for any of them, you will see an Update button next to them.
- Tap on the Update button to start the update process. You can also tap on Check Update to manually check for updates.
- Similarly, you can update your Wyze app by going to the App Store or Google Play Store and downloading the latest version.
Reconnect The Device to Your Network
If the above methods have not worked for you and your Wyze camera is still offline, then try reconnecting the device to the network.
This will help you re-establish the connection between your Wyze device and your network. To do this, follow these sub-steps:
- Open the Wyze app on your device and tap on the + icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Add Device.
- Select the type of device you want to add (such as a Camera or Plug).
- Follow the instructions on the screen to scan the QR code, enter the Wi-Fi password, and connect the device to your network.
You can check this guide if you want to know how to change wifi on Wyze Camera.
Factory Reset Wyze Cam
If none of the above methods work, you may wonder why your Wyze camera keeps going offline and why any of the troubleshooting methods do not work.
Well, worry not. The last method needs you to factory reset your Wyze cam. This will erase all the settings and data on your Wyze cam and restore it to its original state. However, this will also delete any recordings or events stored on your Wyze cam or microSD card. Although the data will be lost, your Wyze cam will go offline again and again the problem will be solved.
To factory reset your Wyze cam, you can follow these steps:
- Power off your Wyze cam by unplugging it from the power source.
- Press and hold the Setup button on the back of your Wyze cam for 10 seconds until you hear a voice prompt saying “Ready to connect”.
- Power on your Wyze cam by plugging it back in.
- Open the Wyze app on your device and follow the instructions to set up your Wyze cam again.
Wyze Camera Offline but Working? How to Fix
Sometimes, you may encounter a situation where your Wyze camera is offline but working. This means that you can still view the live stream or playback videos from your Wyze camera on your device, but you cannot access other features such as notifications, cloud storage, or voice control.
This can happen if there is a problem with the communication between your Wyze camera and the Wyze server. To fix this, you can try these methods:
- Power Cycle Your Wyze Camera: As mentioned earlier, power cycling your Wyze camera can fix many issues related to its connection. Simply unplug it from the power source, wait for 10 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Update Your Wyze Camera to the Latest Firmware: As mentioned earlier, updating your Wyze camera to the latest firmware can fix bugs, improve performance, and add new features. You can use either the update through Wyze app or manual update methods to do this.
- Check Your Internet Connection: As mentioned earlier, checking your internet connection can help you identify and resolve any network issues that may affect your Wyze camera’s communication with the Wyze server. You can use either the Wyze app or a third-party app to test the speed and quality of your internet connection. You can also try to restart your router or modem by unplugging them from the power source, waiting for 10 seconds, and plugging them back in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Wyze camera offline status:
What Does Wyze Offline Mean?
Wyze offline means that your Wyze device is not connected to your network or to the Wyze server. This means that you cannot access some features of your Wyze device such as notifications, cloud storage, or voice control.
How Do I Reconnect My Wyze Device?
You can reconnect your Wyze device by following the steps mentioned above in the section “How Do I Get Wyze Back Online?”. You can also check the troubleshooting guide on the Wyze website for more help.
Wyze cameras are great devices that offer many benefits for home security and monitoring. However, they may sometimes go offline due to various reasons that affect their connection with your network or with the Wyze server. Fortunately, there are many ways to fix this issue quickly and easily.
We hope that this article has helped you understand why your Wyze camera keeps going offline and how to fix it quickly. If you have any questions or suggestions about this topic, please feel free to leave a comment below.