Having issues with your Wyze camera not recording events as expected? This common problem can be frustrating but is often easy to fix.
In this guide, we’ll go over the top reasons your Wyze cam may not be recording events and how to troubleshoot each one, so you can get back to seamlessly capturing events and feeling secure.
If you are facing wyze camera offline issue, then go through this guide.
Why is My Wyze Camera Not Recording Events?
Before we get into fixes, let’s look at some of the common causes behind Wyze cameras failing to record events:
- Firmware Needs Updating – Like any gadget, Wyze cams rely on up-to-date firmware to function at their best. If it’s been a while since you’ve updated, buggy firmware could be preventing event recording.
- Motion Detection Settings – If your motion detection zones, sensitivity, or other settings are configured improperly, your Wyze cam may simply not be picking up movement to record.
- Recording Rules Disabled – The Wyze app lets you create rules to disable recording during certain times/events. Make sure you don’t have any rules for accidentally turning off recording.
- Router/Connectivity Issues – Like most smart devices, your Wyze cam relies on a stable internet connection to the router to record events. Any connectivity problems will cause issues.
- Storage Problems – Your microSD card may be having problems if events aren’t recording. Try reformatting the card through the Wyze app camera settings.
- Hardware Failure – In rare cases, hardware components like the camera or microphone could fail, stopping all recording abilities.
How to Fix Wyze Cam Not Recording Events?
Now that we know why our Wyze camera is not recording, let’s dive into the step-by-step solutions and fixes
1. Reboot your Wyze Device
Often a quick reboot is all you need to jar your Wyze cam back into working order. Here’s how to soft reset:
- Open the Wyze app and go to your camera’s settings.
- Choose “Restart” and confirm.
- Wait a few minutes for your camera to restart.
This will clear any software glitches or memory leaks that could be preventing recording. Check if events now record properly.
2. Update the Firmware
Outdated firmware is a common reason for cameras to malfunction. Here’s how to update:
- Go to your camera’s settings in the Wyze app.
- Tap on “Firmware” and check the current version.
- If an update is available, tap “Update” and wait for it to complete.
Firmware updates improve functionality and fix bugs, so you always want to be on the latest version. With the firmware refreshed, your recording issues may be solved.
3. Soft Reset your Internet Router
Connectivity problems between the Wyze cam and your router can prevent recording and other functionality. Resetting the router can clear up any issues:
- Locate the reset button on the back or bottom of your router.
- Press and hold for 10-15 seconds until the router resets.
- Wait a few minutes for your router and Wyze cam to reconnect.
With the connection refreshed, your cam should be able to communicate properly and resume recording events.
4. Disable and Re-enable The Event Recording Function
If your wyze camera won’t record events, toggling the setting off and on again can get it working.
- In your Wyze cam settings, go to “Events”
- Toggle off “Record Video” and press OK.
- Now re-enable “Record Video” and press OK.
Toggling the recording resets this setting which may fix your issue. Test if event recording now works.
5. Increase the Motion Detection Sensitivity
If your Wyze cam isn’t picking up enough motion to trigger recording, upping the sensitivity can help.
- Go to Settings > Events > Motion Detection.
- Drag the “Sensitivity” slider farther to the right to make it more sensitive.
- Test if motion is now detected and recorded properly.
Making motion detection overly sensitive can lead to false alerts and recordings. Find the right balance for your setup.
6. Disable Detection Zones
If your Wyze camera is still not recording events, your detection zones may be configured incorrectly. Temporarily disabling zones can help narrow down issues.
- Go to Settings > Events > Motion Detection.
- Tap “Disable motion detection zones”.
- With zones disabled, test if motion events now record.
If recording works properly with zones disabled, you’ll know your custom zones were causing problems. Re-enable zones carefully.
Also Read – How to Fix Blink Camera is Busy Error Quickly?
7. Check The Recording Schedule on Wyze App
The Wyze app lets you set schedules for when recording is enabled. Make sure yours isn’t accidentally turning off recording:
- Go to your camera’s settings and tap on “Schedule”
- Review the schedule and ensure recording is enabled for the desired times.
- To edit the schedule, tap “+” and adjust as needed.
If your schedule has recording disabled when it should be on, motion events won’t record. Double-check your schedule!
Also Read – Does Wyze Work With Homekit?
8. Disable the Rules that Directly Affect Event Recording
The Wyze app also lets you create rules to trigger events like turning off recording. If you have any problematic rules enabled, disabling them can get recording working again:
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Review your rules and disable any that stop recording.
- Test if disabling these rules fixed your event recording issues.
Be sure to review your rules for any that directly interfere with recording and disable them. Create any custom rules carefully.
9. Shorten the Cooldown Periods
Wyze cams have “cooldown” periods after events to prevent excessive alerts and recordings. If your cooldown is too long, you might miss events in between.
- Go to your camera’s Settings > Events.
- Shorten the “Motion Cooldown” and “Sound Cooldown” as needed.
Shortening cool down periods ensures your camera keeps recording new events. But don’t make them too short or you’ll get redundant recordings.
Also Read – Wyze Camera Keeps Going Offline – Fix Quickly
10. Factory Reset the Wyze Camera
If you’ve tried everything else, performing a factory reset on your Wyze cam resets it to default settings and can fix many issues.
- Go to your camera’s Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Choose “Factory Reset” and confirm.
This will erase any custom settings that may be causing problems. Set your camera up from scratch and test event recording.
11. Contact Wyze Customer Support
If you still can’t get your Wyze cam recording after trying all the troubleshooting steps, reach out to Wyze support:
- Submit a request through the Wyze app under Settings > Support.
- Visit the Wyze support site and browse articles or submit a request.
- Call Wyze support directly if needed.
Wyze’s customer service team can further troubleshoot or determine if your camera requires replacement. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them for help getting your cam operational.
Quick Tip: Wyze Cam Pan Not Recording Events
If your Wyze Cam Pan specifically is not recording, make sure the camera angle hasn’t changed and motion is still in frame. The Cam Pan can rotate on its own over time. Use the app to adjust the pan angle and make sure detection zones are still configured properly.
While Wyze cams not recording events can be frustrating, in most cases it can be easily remedied with a few troubleshooting steps. Start with the basics like updating firmware, checking your settings, and soft resetting the camera and router. From there, tweak motion detection, schedules and rules to ensure nothing is inhibiting recording. A factory reset or contacting Wyze support can help for stubborn issues.
With a simple process of elimination using the fixes above, you should be able to get your Wyze camera reliably capturing all the events you want. Ensuring your Wyze device records properly provides peace of mind and added security.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why are my Wyze events not showing?
If your Wyze cam is detecting motion or sound but not actually recording events, common causes are motion detection zones configured incorrectly, scheduled recording turned off, firmware bugs, and connectivity issues. Reference the fixes in this guide to troubleshoot your events not showing.
How can I fix the issue of my Wyze cam not recording events?
To fix your Wyze camera not recording events, first soft reset the camera and your router. Update the camera firmware in the Wyze app. Toggle the Recording setting off and on. Adjust motion detection settings and zones. Check recording schedules and rules. Shorten cool down periods. Factory reset if needed.
What does power cycling do for my Wyze cam?
Power cycling simply means temporarily removing power from the Wyze camera, usually by unplugging it, in order to reboot it and reset its internal components. This can clear glitches and get the camera working properly again, especially if connectivity or recording problems arise.